Sports Update

By Tyler Plaksis

imagesNHL

What a comeback for the Islanders! Their win two nights ago tied up the series against the Penguins after the Islanders had been at a 0-2 game deficit. The series is now tied 2-2.  Last night, the Rangers beat Washington 4-3 to tie up their series 2-2.

NCAA Boys Lacrosse

North Carolina is in the lead with a 12-3 record. Marcus Holman is the leading goal scorer and he is number 4 in the ranking for points per game. But at number two is New York- with Cornell maintaining a 12-2 record. Rob Pannell is the leading point man in third place with 5.36 per game and Steve Mock is the leading goal scorer in second place with 3.46 goals per game.

NCAA Girls Lacrosse

Maryland is in first place in the standings with a 19-0 record and Florida is in second place with a 16-1 record.

Baseball

In the rankings, as of right now, North Carolina is in first with 45-2 record. In second place is Vanderbilt college with 39-6 record.

NFL Draft

There many top picks in the NFL Draft. The NFL Draft of 2013 began on Thursday, April 25 and ended on Saturday, April 27. The first pick in the draft was Eric Fisher to the Kansas City Chiefs.The fourth pick was Lane Johnson for the Philadelphia Eagles. The nineteenth pick was to the New York Giants, Justin Pugh.

NBA Playoffs

The Bulls beat the Heat in a crushing loss with a fourth string the end score to the game 93 to 86 in game one of the second round of the NBA Playoffs.

The Knicks beat the Pacers in game 2 with a score of 105 to 79.