Why’s Everyone Talking about Clash of Clans?

A phenomenon has recently emerged at Village. Maybe you’ve seen it during lunchtime, maybe you haven’t. A few people on their phones, playing Clash of Clans. It’s more than just a few students playing a game; it’s a community experience.

Clash of Clans allows players to make clans and team up with other players to become the best. And here at Village, students are doing just that. At lunchtime, they meet and discuss strategy and tactics, share base layouts and plan for upcoming clan wars.

This has brought many students together in a productive way. The ability to work together toward a similar goal and is a great way to create new friendships and improve how students work together in a group.

Clash of Clans itself was a game that I played back in the 6th Grade, but my classmates and I were much more prone to arguments back then. It’s been interesting to see how the game has changed, but still kept its feel throughout the years. Many things have been added– more troops, and another base and more town hall levels, all while keeping the same basic gameplay functions. These levels allow you to add new items and buildings to your village and make you much stronger.

In all, Clash of Clans is a pretty easily accessible game, which makes it perfect for a school environment. It has a low skill ceiling for beginners is contrasted with its later difficulty spike and learning curve that the player is eased in to. I’d recommend trying it out if you haven’t.