You need to watch The Haunting of Hill House!

Want chills running through your body? Well, the Haunting of Hill House, an American web television series on Netflix will do just that! It first premiered on October 12, 2018, right around Halloween bringing drama, horror, and mystery to its viewers. The creator Mike Flanagan based this series on the 1959 novel The Haunting of Hill House, by Shirley Jackson. The series primarily takes place in Atlanta, Georgia 1960’s to present day at Hill house a mansion that becomes famous for being one of the most haunted houses in America. A family of seven is forced to live there over the summer; meanwhile, they do renovations and sell it on the market. However, fate takes a darker twist and the family witnesses strange encounters at the house. Seeing ghosts, monsters, and moving objects that even the viewers get scared. Not to give too many spoilers, another thing about the series is that it tries to take you into the mind of each individual family member, and see their experiences from when they were in Hill House to present day.

“All of this makes “The Haunting of Hill House” something of a miracle. It doesn’t feel like anything you’ve really seen before, blending incredibly smart family drama with some of the most terrifying imagery you’ve seen in a very long time. The quick pitch could be “’This is Us’ meets ‘The Conjuring,’” but that kind of undersells what Flanagan and Netflix have accomplished here.”  – Brian Tallerico (Rogerebert.com)       

“Still, many images in this series generate legit goosebumps: the spirit of an old, ill woman, peeking out from her sick bed; a tall specter in a bowler hat, stalking Luke as a child and again as an adult; the sight of familiar, decaying faces popping out from beneath a soon-to-be buried coffin. Those are the things that may stay in the mind’s eye after watching The Haunting of Hill House more than anything else.” – Jen Chaney (Vulture.com)