Pet Survey At Village School

There are many different kinds of pets students in our school have!

I did a survey about pets with the purpose of finding out what is the Village School pet ownership status. I was able to survey 41 students out of the 46 students in total at our school. To start off with age group, I surveyed two 13 year olds, four 14 year olds, seven 15 year olds, ten 16 year olds, twelve 17 year olds, and eight 18 year olds. 50% of the 13 years olds owned one or more pet, 100% of the 14 year olds in our school owned one or more pet, 57% of the 15 year olds owned one or more pet, 58% of the 16 year olds owned one or more pet, 50% of 17 year olds owned one or more pet, and 38% of 18 year olds owned one or more pet. 14 year old students in our school are more likely to have a pet. Next, I asked about grade. I surveyed four 8th graders, three 9th graders, ten 10th graders, fourteen 11th graders, and twelve 12th graders. 50% of 8th graders owned one or more pet, 100% of 9th graders owned one or more pet, 40% of 10th graders owned one or more pet, 57% of 11th graders owned one or more pet, and 50% of 12th graders owned one or more pet. 9th graders in our school are more likely to have a pet. Next, I asked about gender. I surveyed 21 males and 21 females. 48% of males owned one or more pets, and 67% of females owned one or more pets. Females in our school are more likely to have a pet. To sum up the results, 14 year olds, 9th graders, and females in our school are more likely than their peers to have one or more pet.

Next, I asked a series of questions specifically for the 61% of students in our school who are pet owners. I began with asking how many pets each pet owner has. 40% of pet owners owned only one pet, 12% of pet owners owned two pets, 20% of pet owners owned three pets, and 28% of pet owners owned four or more pets. Most pet owners in our school have only one pet. Next, I asked what kind of pet each pet owner has. 92% of pet owners owned one or more dogs, 36% of pet owners owned one or more cats, 20% of pet owners owned one or more fish, and 32% of pet owners owned one or more pet in the “other” category (birds, guinea pigs, bunnies, lizards, frogs, ants, and hamsters). Most pet owners in our school own one or more dogs. Next, I asked each pet owner how long they have had their pet/s for. 24% of owners have owned some or all of their pets for less than a year, 32% of pet owners have owned some or all of their pets for a year, 28% of pet owners have owned some or all of their pets for two years, 28% of pet owners have owned some or all of their pets for three years, 24% of pet owners have owned some or all of their pets for four years, and 64% of pet owners have owned some or all of their pets for five or more years. Most pet owners in our school have owned some or all of their pets for five or more years. To sum up the results, pet owners at the Village School will most likely have only one pet, one or more dogs, and have owned some or all of their pets for five or more years.