Wake Up, People! Have You Heard About the Chinese Cruise Ship Disaster?

Quick News Brief:

(150602) -- JIANLI, June 2, 2015 (Xinhua) -- Rescuers save a survivor from the overturned passenger ship in the Jianli section of the Yangtze River in central China's Hubei Province June 2, 2015. The ship, named Dongfangzhixing, or Eastern Star, sank at around 9:28 p.m. (1328 GMT) on Monday after being caught in a cyclone in the Jianli section of the Yangtze River. Carrying 405 passengers, five travel agency workers and 47 crew members, the ship was heading from Nanjing, capital of east China's Jiangsu Province, for southwest China's Chongqing Municipality. (Xinhua/Cheng Min) (lfj)
     JIANLI, June 2, 2015 (Xinhua) — Rescuers save a survivor from the overturned passenger ship in the Jianli section of the Yangtze River in central China’s Hubei Province June 2, 2015. The ship was carrying 405 passengers, five travel agency workers and 47 crew members.

This Monday, June 1st, a Chinese cruise broke apart and sank after colliding with a tornado during a storm. As it stands now, there are 14 survivors and 18 people confirmed dead, and hundreds other not yet found, but thought to have died as well.

Past records on the ship indicate that it was cited for safety violations two years ago and even though it had a safety raft boat, the raft couldn’t have supported against a storm with winds up to 80mph. With the storm of that size, there there was no hope for a lot of people, leaving many mourning the loss of their family members.