Rest In Peace, Roger and Margaret

Eli Cohen

images-1          images

Last week, the world lost a critic and a brave women nicknamed “The Iron Lady” who was the prime minister of the United Kingdom for years. They may be polar opposites, but one thing that they have in common is that they both inspired countless people for generations to come. Roger Ebert passed away April 4th and Margaret Thatcher passed four days later. They were  70 and 87, respectively.
    Roger Ebert was born June 18th, 1942 in Urbana, Illinois. He began his career in 1967 as a film critic. He got his big break when Reader’s Digest published a review he wrote about, “Night of the Living Dead.” Ebert worked over the years as a critic who many looked towards for advice on which films were worth spending their dollar on. From 1967 to 2012, Ebert would choose a movie he saw during each year that he thought were truly amazing . Films on this list include “The Godfather”, “The Color Purple”, “Schindler’s list”, “Almost Famous”, and more recently, “The Social Network” were honorable inductees. Speaking of inductees, in 2009 Roger was honorary life member of the “Directors Guild of America.” In the last few years of his life, Roger was suffering from cancer of the thyroid and salvitory glands, until his death.
    Margaret Thatcher was born October 13th, 1925 in Grantham England. Margaret was the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1979 to 1990. She was the first, and to this day the only female prime minister the country has ever had. She was also the leader of the Conservative Party from 1975 to 1990. She died at the Ritz Hotel due to a stroke. She had been suffering from poor health for many years. A funeral will be held for her on the 17th.
    Both these inspirational people will be missed, but what they’ve done will never be forgotten. The man with the most honest opinion, and the woman who wore a queen’s robe of steel will never be replaced. R.I.P Roger and Margaret…Return If Possible.

View Comments (1)