Should You Splurge or Save?

Reviewing Skin Tints- So You Don’t Have To!

Lots of people would never want to spend $50 dollars-  plus tax! for a singular product.  That’s where “dupes” come in.  A dupe  is a similar – or nearly identical price sold for a much less expensive price. On Tik Tok, beauty influencers often compare the dupe products to their luxury counterparts and then advise their followers on whether or not they should spend their money on the expensive product or save it and buy the dupe. So, I will be looking at two different products and reviewing it and giving opinion on to save or splurge.

Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Filter

Charolette Tilbury, Flawless Filter

The packaging is very nice and luxurious, although the words on the packing are starting to fade and I haven’t had the product very long. The applicator is  a medium- size wand and applies nicely. The shade range is quite vast though, which I appreciate. Personally, I think applying it with a brush is best. It gives you a nice glow and looks good on the skin.  It blends out very nicely but the price is steep– $49.

e.l.f. Halo Glow

e.l.f. Halo Glow

This has nice and simple packaging. The applicator on this is very big. An issue some talked about online is that the product can make your skin break out. Personally, I didn’t notice that much with this product but I also don’t a lot of the product. I say if you’re extremely acne- prone stay away from this  one just in case. It gives a very nice glow and provides nice coverage on the skin. The price points is impressive–just $14.

The Botttom Line

In the end, I think it’s really about whatever looks better on your particular skin, but as you can tell there is a huge price difference. I would say there are many luxury products that are so good that they can not be duped. But this is not one of them. So, save all that money and buy the e.l.f. Halo Glow– it does all that the Tilbury product does and maybe even better.