Student Spotlight: Kaylee DiBiase

“Girl scouts is more than just cookies.” – Kaylee DiBiase
Kaylee at age 7 making a card for a veteran

Kaylee DiBiase started her Girl Scout journey at the tender age of five. She was introduced to the program by her mother, who was seeking enriching extracurricular activities for her. Though she was initially reluctant,  Kaylee soon discovered a genuine passion for it, embracing the Girl Scout community wholeheartedly.

Kaylee emphasized that, “Girl Scouts isn’t just a group. It’s community of a bunch of girls who want to better their community and surroundings.” Her extensive volunteer efforts which include rescuing marine life, cleaning beaches, constructing birdhouses, supporting veterans through letter writing, and doing clothing drives, epitomize the spirit of the organizations missions statement, which seeks to “Build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place.”

Cleaning up the beach!

Kaylee’s ambitious pursuit of the Gold Patch, the highest achievement in Girl Scouts, showcases her commitment to environmental stewardship. As she brainstorms ideas for her project, she seeks to create something impactful and resourceful that will benefit the environment. Once completed, her project will not only earn her the coveted patch but also leave a positive impact on her community and surroundings.