Patriots Win… Again “Sweet Victory” Becomes a Bitter Loss for Many

This Sunday, Super Bowl LIII aired, and based on social media response, many viewers found the game extremely boring. The New England Patriots won their 6th Super Bowl against the Los Angeles Rams 13-3, making Super Bowl LIII the lowest scoring Super Bowl in history. The game was a very defensive one and while some fans enjoyed the tactical chess game, many did not and thought that it was very lackluster.

Tom Brady won his 6th Super Bowl title on February 3rd.

Critical response to the the halftime show wasn’t much different. A short animation of Squidward from the kids show Spongebob Squarepants, served as an introduction to what many expected to be the song “Sweet Victory,” but ended up being “Sicko Mode” performed by Travis Scott. Towards the end of the halftime show, Maroon 5 performed the hit song, “Moves Like Jagger,” during which the lead singer, Adam Levine, removed his shirt and performed the remainder of the show with a tattooed torso on display.

The popular “Bud Knight” character was killed in a jousting match during Bud Light’s Super Bowl Sunday commercial.

The commercials, however, received a better response. One of the most popular was a promo for the upcoming season of HBO’s “Game of Thrones” which partnered with Bud Light to complete the beer company’s trilogy of medieval- themed Super Bowl commercials, the first of which was released mid-January.