Soft Sugar Cookies
Soft Sugar Cookies
June 13, 2024
MERINGUE COOKIES
MERINGUE COOKIES
June 4, 2024

Village School’s Upcoming Senior Events

Senioritis— the decreased motivation for high school seniors to put effort into their classes and workload. At this point, you’ve probably seen the Village School seniors lingering around in the hallways, skipping their classes, and sleeping through Sam’s lectures. But it’s now suspected that the seniors may go beyond just passing out on the floors of the commons and trying desperately to get “Steve’d” to avoid going to class.

In early June, the seniors have planned to take a week off from their studies, and will spend the week connecting through bonding experiences before they ultimately are forced to separate before college. Village School’s senior class has created a five day agenda to make the most out of their week off. The week will go as follows:

During his five exhausting years at Village School, super senior Matt Lazaro has been responsible for taking care of the animals in the science classroom. With his departure nearing, it will be impossible for the rest of the student body to take on this rigorous task. As a result, on Monday, June 2nd, the seniors will assist in bagging all of the marine wildlife and packing them into the back of Matt’s nine seater truck. The bags will be dumped into the Manhasset Bay.

As the Village School students walk through the hallways on their way to their classes, they may have heard the voices of seniors Sigal Weitzman and Charlotte Roth as they scream about the UV index outside. “Village School psychologist Lisa taught me it’s important to focus on what is happening in the moment, rather than all of the ‘what if’s’ in my life,” Charlotte says. “With that being said, getting wrinkles is a consequence that may occur in my future, but is not something I should focus on in the present moment.” As a result of Sigal and Charlotte’s desperate need to get tan, the senior class will be taking a trip to Jones Beach on Tuesday, June 3rd.

Village School psychologist Lisa taught me it’s important to focus on what is happening in the moment, rather than all of the ‘what if’s’ in my life. With that being said, getting wrinkles is a consequence that may occur in my future, but is not something I should focus on in the present moment.

— Charlotte Roth

The senior class has slept almost everywhere on Village grounds— from the couch in the studio, to the seats in Lisa’s classroom as they pass out from boredom during government… senior Jessie Boshnack-Roth was even caught asleep on the floor of the bathroom during construction hours. With only an hour of sleep per day on the Village premises, the seniors are still needing to catch up on rest, and will be partaking in a two-hour spa on Wednesday, June 4th.

From spending so much time together in classes, the members of the senior class have developed romances. While some of these romances are more obvious, such as senior Margalit Jacobi and Melania Trump, others have been kept under wraps. Due to Village School’s Code of Conduct not satisfying some of these relationships, on Thursday, June 5th, the entire senior class will be attending a date night at Bistro Burger, a local Great Neck cuisine. Despite former students’ experiences, who were denied their request for cheese on their cheeseburgers, this fine dining location is all the seniors can afford due to the hefty college fees they must pay.

Senior Charlene Lin captured on a treacherous journey through the woods to escape from her dreaded classes.

Finally, on Friday, June 6th, the senior class will be initiating all of the juniors into their position. As the junior students walk into the building, the members of the senior class will carry them into Matt Lazaro’s truck, and all 22 of them will be driven to the U.S. Navy Reserve in the Bronx. After enduring a rigorous training course to learn to overcome challenges that are beyond passing Algebra 2, the junior class will discover their drive, strength and ambition necessary to move forward on their high school journey. The senior class will feel more confident “passing the torch,” as well as Andrew Allen’s skeleton, T-Burg, onto the junior class once they are able to prove themselves.

Ultimately, it seems that there is much to come out of this week-long journey of new experiences, group bonding, and self-discovery for the senior class. They are counting the days until this excursion, as well as the many additional senior skip days that will come before it.