Dragon Ball Character “Goku” Revealed as a DLC add-on In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

In a recent interview with Smash Bros. series creator, Masahiro Sakurai, he said that Goku would be added as the third addition to the DLC roster, after Persona 5’s Joker and the strange but powerful Piranha Plant. Mr. Sakurai had this to say, “I didn’t want to add Goku originally, but due to massive demand and constant threats directed towards me to add him, I’m glad to say that Goku will be the 77th fighter in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate roster.”

Goku is planned to release as a playable character sometime during fall of this year. Rumors are spreading about the fact that Goku may be a “broken character” in the roster, out-competing even the likes of King K. Rool. In a recent gameplay trailer, Goku was shown using his final smash, Ultra Instinct. It covered the entire screen with a bright blue light while everyone was wiped off the stage, along with Goku screaming really loudly.

Sakurai also added, “Goku was planned to be a character since Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but he never made the cut due to graphical limitations of the Wii and 3DS respectively, in addition, licensing issues also added to the delays.” Thankfully, he has been added to the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate roster.